Monday 6 September 2010

tea- dance

Crazy day. As part of my journalism course I dashed across from Hackney Museum to Stratford Old Town Hall on the overground in the rain to meet up with the tea- dance organiser. Hey ho! I'd gone berserk trying to get a new memory card for my camera. No joy. Pulled out my old skool Olympus. Not a film to be had anywhere in Tesco, Asda, Turkish shops, nowhere. Finally bought from a corner shop a disposable. Just mad. Had mi digi-recorder and notebook. Hmm. The dance had been cancelled and no-one bothered to email me. Plus a load of my senior companions had made their way there. Shame on Newham. Yeah I said it.
I just wanted to know whether tea -dances do make their clients who are older people sometimes called seniors, feel part of the wider community and by implication, London 2012. Not today obviously!
Saw something so real on BBC website from a young reporter in Waltham Forest exploring the way that Waltham Forest is merely a token Olympic Borough. He is right, Waltham forest is a dead hole.
Great to get home to Corrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment